Monday 11 January 2010

The Kingfisher Diaries (part 5) - RESULT!!

YES!!!!  Today I finally managed to get a shot of one of the Redesmere Kingfishers as it perched on a branch.  I'd been waiting for barely 5 minutes when it showed up!  Unfortunately the light was pretty bad and it also chose to position itself with my car in the background - so not a great shot, but happy with it as a first capture:


















It appeared another eight or nine times over the next 90 minutes or so, but my camera was struggling to focus in the low light, and I never had more than a couple of seconds in which to shoot, so I didn't manage to get any further shots.  Ideally I'd need to be a bit further away, but with only a 300mm lens to play with I'd struggle to get a decent shot.  I decided to come back when the light is better, and try a different position - hopefully tomorrow!


For anyone not yet bored of Robin shots, I managed to get a couple of amusing ones whilst waiting for the Kingfisher - this ruffled little one kept on getting closer and trying to distract me:

































So another good morning's birding :)  Can't quite believe I've managed to capture the Kingfisher already!  Need to persevere to get a really good shot, but still - RESULT!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Well done Estelle, the KF stake out and your determination paid off. Love the 'shaggy' Robin. FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Patience was well rewarded. I think setting targets is good for discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sure the first robin knows whats going on and is posing!

    ReplyDelete